Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Friday, February 25, 2011

LOVE IS A MUTUAL BLESSING

One of our prayers for our time here in Haiti was that God would allow us to be His hands and the face of His love for each of the orphans we visited. I pray that this is true, but know that THEY have been God's loving arms as they have hugged me and I have seen His shinning face of love in their smiles.

We have spent the past two afternoons at two different orphanages falling in love with BEAUTIFUL children!!! I've been reminded again and again, how much we each need love and affection, no matter how old we are!

So often with friend's kids, as they grow into preschool and older years, I hear stories of kids who only want to cuddle when they're ill, or on the rare occasion. So here, perhaps I expected the younger girls to want to cuddle or hold your hand, but the past two days, kids of all ages, boys and girls reach out for love and affection. I pray they feel loved, but know that my life is richer for the love they've shown me!

The photo below was taken Thursday as the kids were lining up to give us hugs. Some were shy huggers, but many had serious hugging skills:). As the last kid came through the line, I was overwhelmed with gratitude and blessing. God nudged me to take the opportunity to express those emotions to the kids. I asked Jean to translate and expressed my gratitude. Many of the older kids then took turns voicing their thanks to our group and Healing Haiti. One girl asked what my name was so that she could pray for me by name! I left that place far richer than I arrived!!

No comments:

Post a Comment