Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's our last day!

What an amzing week! Yesterday we went on two water stops and then spent two 1/2 hours at Mother Teresa's. The water truck stops had a completely different feel this time. As the team stepped off of the Taptap they were confident and excited, they had jobs and they knew what they were. Our first stop was #21 which is filled with children. We were swarmed with them as they looked for love, touch and their photos taken (they don't get to see themselves so its a real treat to show them their photos on the back of the camera). Jeff's wife Karen had come down in November and had her picture taken with Cece, a little girl that she had fallen in love with. Jeff had carried that picture around to each water truck stop to find her and show her the photo, he finally found her at 21. They were all amazed that he had a picture of their Cece. Just a simple photo that we take for granted and they couldn't get enough. It was a great way to end our water truck mission

After a short break we returned to Mother Teresa's. Gina had spent a lot of time on Wednesday holding a little girl named Michalove. She's a one year old little girl that is so malnurished she weighs only 6lbs, and that's after having been at Mother Teresa's for over a month and a half. Gina held her and was able to feed her an entire cup of formula. She was more alert and more active than she had been on Wednesday. I went to the littel girl I held all day on Wendesday, Angelika. She had an iv in her arm and her hands were wrapped in cloth to keep her from tearing out her iv. Wednesday she wouldn't look at me, but she would lean her head and be still. Jeff was holding her yesterday and she smiled at me! How amazing to see prayers and hard work helping to heal those little children.

Our last event of the day was to have our water truck "boys" come over. They are 5 of the most wonderful men that watch over us on our water truck. They were so incredible grateful for a meal of spaghetti and french bread. They each told us their story of how they came to work for Healing Haiti. How awesome our God is, he is able to meet all of our needs when we let him be in control!
This day was our full circle day.

No comments:

Post a Comment