Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Friday, July 29, 2011

Intentional

We had the privilege to visit three elderls up in Titanyen today.  Lindor lit up when we got to his home and said, "My family is here" with his beautiful toothless smile and gave everyone hugs.  He thoroughly enjoyed the company and got super excited when we gave him his bag of donations and a nice new cane to help him get around.  When asked if there was anything else he needed, he mentioned a radio. He said it would be nice to know what is going on here and also said something about not having anyone to talk to.  To think about Lindor's days, he doesn't have any family to come visit or to help care for him, and all he needs in his mind is a radio to give him some company and to keep him informed.  He didn't ask for a better house, or cleaner clothes, or any other major thing he could have asked for.  He simply wants company.  It is so true that God is all about relationships.  What a blessing Healing Haiti is to the elderly of Titanyen.  To intentionally seek out and help 30 elders is amazing to me.  The care and love the team showed Lindor, Nikolai, and Charitable today was a blessing to be a part of.

After visiting the elders, we went to visit Jeax Jean Paul, a boy who started having seizures at age five.  He is now severely handicapped from the affects of the seizures.  The team felt the Holy Spirit in his room like something we hadnever experienced before.  When Jeff began playing guitar, and we began to sing, it was as though the music poured into Jeax Jean Paul's soul and filled it up completely.  He was looking around, moving his mouth to the words, and he even lifted his arm up in worship.  The time spent with Jeax Jean Paul will forever be etched into my heart.  Intentional about physical touch with him,with the massage given to help his joints, laying hands on him to pray over him and just the intentionality of Healing Haiti in seeking out this beautiful boy who in many cases may have been pushed aside out of fear or ignorance by many.  What a gift it was to meet this beautiful child of God.


Finally, we spent some time at Yvonne's orphanage. What a joy it was to meet the children who live there.  Their presentation for us was fantastic as they sang as a whole group and some brave individuals came and sang solos for us as well.  My thought before arriving at the orphanage was to go against my normal tendencies of migrating toward the toddlers.  I wanted to be intentional about spending time with the older boys in the group.  I met Son Son who is 15 years old.  He and his friends were totally into the craft we did making butterflies and it became very clear to me that these young men were just little boys at heart.  They took such care and attention to detail on the butterflies and at the end were very proud of their work.  They glowed when I praised their good work and beautiful butterflies.  My favorite part about the time spent with Son Son was when he leaned over to me toward the end of our time there and said, "Alicia, I will pray for you."  Such a wonderful heart he has!


Intentional.  That is what God calls us to do.  Be intentional in all you do, because like it was shared during our group time today, each time we hear, "Hey You!  Hey You!"  That might just be God whispering in your ear, "Pay attention to me".  What are those "Hey You" moments you encounter each and every day while at home hustling through each day from here to there, always moving on to the next thing?  Pay attention to the Lord's whispers and be intentional about how you answer.  I know I will...


Ke Bondye Beni'ou
Alicia du'Monceaux

No comments:

Post a Comment