Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Monday, October 24, 2011

Marvelous Monday

Hello Friends! Team 3 made it to Haiti safe and sound! As hectic as we all thought the trip here would be, it went extremely smooth. All of us are running on little or no sleep at all but managed to pull through by the grace of God. The most exciting part was when we could see Haiti's coastline through the window of the airplane. The temperature when we had landed was 91 and humid, but it was a welcome change. We called going through the Haiti airport and immigration "the gauntlet" as it was really hectic and there were Haitians yelling over each other as they were competing for our business to wheel our luggage out and get it loaded. We met Jean who picked us up from the airport in the taptap (our transportation for the week) and he drove us up the winding uneven, bumpy and dusty roads of Port Au Prince. On our way, we saw a lot of animals running wild through the streets such as chickens, pigs, dogs and goats. Not to mention, several smiling children who were following behind us. As we arrived at the gated entrance of our guest house we were in awe of how nice it was. It is a pretty large house with several rooms and bathrooms, a nice sitting area, and a fairly long dining room table that we got to eat our tasty spaghetti dinner on tonight with Fanfan and Jean. After dinner we had our devotional time and just reflected on the day’s journey here. Tomorrow is going to be a busy water truck day as we will be doing several runs delivering clean water to the most poverty stricken areas. We all are looking forward to a good night’s sleep so we can be well rested for a big day tomorrow.

Until then,
Team 3


No comments:

Post a Comment