Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tap Tap Tuesday

Today was water truck day. Our team delivered over 15,000 gallons of water to 3 different locations. Water, such a basic fundamental of life and one that we cannot live long without. It was amazing to watch this team pull together and help out each other as well as stepping in and assisting carrying 5 gallon water buckets for the young and the elderly. I was awestruck observing an elderly woman around 70 yrs old, pick up a 5 gallon bucket full of water, place it on her head and walk over a block to her small hut she lived in. This water we delivered to the Haitians is free. Most of all water delivered outside of the service we are providing will have a fee per bucket, unfortunately many cannot afford the fee and will go without water for days until a free delivery arrives. Healing Haiti funds and pays for the water that is delivered to the people. Clean water is essential to help keep the spread of cholera from the people.

After returning from our day in the hot sun we had our word of the day. Each member provided a word that described their experience today. Words such as: Enjoyable, Cross of Christ, smile, selfless, touched and frustrated. Frustrated that we had to leave without filling all of the other buckets that were not filled, frustrated that we had to leave when mothers begged for us to help their sick children, frustrated that young children would rub thier stomachs and say they were hungry. We know we can only do so much and we do much with the time and resources we have, and we know that what we do for the least of these we have done undo Him that has done so much for us.


Tomorrow we head the two orphanages to deliver supplies and help out with sick and dying children and children with special needs.


PS. Thank you for the note former team 3 mates from last yr. Tom, thank you for saving me some hot sauce and yes Tom, I did guy pie just for you.


Team 3 Co-leader: Don Moe

No comments:

Post a Comment