Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Elderly visit and Grace Village

Bonswa, this is Brandon and Luke doing the post tonight. Today we visited the elderly and we brought them a meal and a bottle of cold water. It was so sad to see them in the shape they were in. They were in horrible living conditions and some of them had no family to take care of them. But you would never believe all the faith and joy they had for God! At one particular visit we asked one elderly man if he had any family, he said no and that he just lived with the grace of God and nothing else. We visited four other elderly that had their own story, but they all had one thing in common and that was the bigger picture of God and their faith in him. While some of the group visited the elderly, the rest of the group played with the kids outside of the houses. We rubbed lotion on the kids, put oil in their hair, panted their nails and just had a great time with them. After we were done visiting all the elderly we went to grace village. The place is so nice, all the kids had their own beds and the kids even had a playground. All the women in our group went over to the girls dorms and played with them. Then the men in our group went to the boys dorms and played with the boys. We played a big game of keep away with them and it was a blast. We also had a big game of soccer with the boys where we were against all the the boys. Just let me tell you that they are amazing soccer players. After that we headed back to the guest house where we had our first actual Haitian meal and it was delicious. We also prepared for our return tomorrow to Grace Village where we will be doing faith lessons with them. It will be a great day with lots more love and joy serving as the hands and feet of our savior Jesus Christ! God has worked in so many amazing ways through all of us in the last few days and I can not wait to see what else he has in store. Good night to all!!

God Bless,

Brandon and Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment