Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

1st full day = Compassion in Cite Soliel

It felt great to be back in Cite Soliel again after almost 2 years of being away. The poverty is still upsetting and massive, but the Lord is doing a great work in the hearts of our team here in Haiti as we served on the water truck. Seeing the conditions here really puts things into perception - how much we take for granted our access to clean water, food, clothing... but the joy that pours out of these children is amazing. They have so much appreciation for so little resources. Healing Haiti relieves so much thirst here, yet there are so many who still suffer because there just isn't enough workers in the field. Matthew 9: 35 - 38 says, "Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” What an opportunity to be the hands and feet of Christ!

There are mixed emotions amongst our team after today. There is sorrow, confusion, anger, frustration, and gratitude... It is humbling to see Jeff & Alyn's vision of helping Haiti come to fruition, and to be a part of it all is nothing short of amazing! As our team seeks the Lord's will here in Haiti, we all feel His presence through stepping out in obedience! God is good...

Tomorrow we will visit the home of sick and dying babies, and we will also visit Gertrude's where there are physically and mentally handicapped children. Tonight, our devotions centered on compassion relating to today's water truck service and tomorrow's visits to the children. I am excited for what the Lord has planned for us...


No comments:

Post a Comment