Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Proud

At our commissioning service, White Bear Lead Worship Pastor Kenny Bristol spoke of our relationship with God in a personal way. He stated that "As God reveals, we respond" These words were never more true. Today as Jenn and I lead our team out on the water truck every member of our team responded to God's request to love his people. I have never experienced a group of people who practically flew out of the tap tap and fully immersed themselves in loving people. Everything from playing with kids, reconnecting with Renaldo, Patrick and Alex or filling and carrying water buckets. No complaining just serving in "pure joy." After recharging our bodies with a wonderful meal prepared by Fonese and her team we took time to reflect on our first full day serving the people of Haiti. Words such as overwhelmed, cared for, proud, crazy, held, courageous, hardwork, smile, compassionate, humbled and desparation were used to describe the feelings the team had. We closed our evening watching a slide show of the photos taken yesterday and today. The team is changing, more closely knit by common experiences, walls torn down, safety zones left behind as we fully trust in God to guide us thru each experience..........transformation is begining!
God's blessing to you all,
Amy P.

No comments:

Post a Comment