Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Friday, February 24, 2012

Breakthrough

My word for the day is breakthrough...
I am usually the personality that wants to spend a little bit of time with a lot of different kids. Not today. My heart was drawn to Ashlyn.
What an amazing boy living at Gertrude's orphanage for the handicapped children. I am not exactly sure what his handicap is, but he seemed very angry, rough, able to walk, but confined to a wheel chair for his own safety. I brought him over to the group that was singing, but he just wanted to be let out his wheelchair. He kept pulling my hands down to his security strap, trying to let me know that he wanted to get out to run.
After we had run around for quite awhile, I put him back in his wheelchair and tried to connect face to face with him. Early in the day he had pushed me away from his face, but I decided to lean down and sing "God is so good" in his ear. Once again he pushed me away, but as I continued singing he leaned down and touched my face and smiled. What a breakthrough moment!
God is so good!
Bless the people in Haiti, Lord, as they have blessed us!
Amy Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment