Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Friday, February 24, 2012

Touched by the children and babies...

Today started out as another beautiful day in Haiti. Half of the group started out at Gertrudes orphanage and the other half went to the home for the sick and dying babies and children.

Gertrudes is an orphanage for kids with special needs. We spent our time playing, singing, and loving the kids. Tracy, one our team members, felt frustrated with the injustice of their environment compared to the level of care back in the states. However, after having some time to process and discuss things with Jen, our team leader, she felt a sense of hope. Without Gertrudes, these children wouldn't have a chance at survival. Tracy felt so blessed by one particular little girl whose face transformed when she told her she was beautiful in Creole.

After Gertrudes, we had a chance to re-charge back at the guest house before heading out to the home for sick and dying babies and children. We were one of several groups of volunteers there for the sole purpose of simply holding and loving the babies. It was so amazing to look into their eyes and give them a little love and joy even if it was just for a few hours.

On our walk back to the guest house, we had a chance to interact a bit with some of the local Haitians, along with a few gentlemen from the Dominican Republic.

Tomorrow our team will be very busy. Some of the team members will be heading out to the wound clinic, and the other half will be running the water truck and visiting the home for the sick and dying babies and children again.

This blog was brought to you by three blondes and a Dan...
(Tracy, Beth, Anastasia, and Dan)

No comments:

Post a Comment