Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Worshipping in Haiti

Today we began our day by attending a Haitian church. We all were overwhelmed by how the Haitians worship. It had a great impact on the team and for me personally. Here is what I wrote in my journal today.
Dear Father,
You are so GOOD! I walked into church this morning feeling sad for the Haitian people. I had such great sadness because of what I have witnessed these past few days here in Haiti. They have so very little and live in poverty, a poverty that we in America will never know. All the hardships, yet they unconditionally have this amazing love for God. The minute I witnessed the Haitians worshipping and completely surrendering to God, I was broken! In my brokenness, I began to understand what God was trying to teach me here in Haiti. I know that God was telling me, “My child, you should feel sorry for yourself. See how much they love me.” I am the one that has it hard. I am the one that is poor. The Haitians are rich because of their Crazy love for God. Their love for God has nothing to do with how little I think that they have. For nothing or their lack of something comes between them and their love for God. I am the one that has so much. All of my “so much” distracts me, keeps me from completely falling in love with God. How sad for me. Thankfully, God continues to love me and gives me His grace. I do believe that my heart will forever be changed from this day on…A heart that loves God completely.
Melissa Hinze

No comments:

Post a Comment