Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Friday, March 9, 2012

Amazing Haiti!


Bonswa!! (Good afternoon)The last couple days have been so amazing! Our team is working great together, getting close, and taking every surprising turn with a good laugh.
Yesterday we started the day with a super-spirit filled service and warm hug from the hugging lady. Then we headed off to shop. Everyone practiced some mad bartering skills with the help of our awesome translator/tour guides. It is an adventure dealing with Haitian tourist market workers.. and really fun! The biggest plus, though, is making it all the way up the mountain and over looking ALL of Port-Au-Prince and much of Haiti's mountains and surrounding ocean. It is such a breathtaking view!! We talked later about how the view from way up above was so different compared to the sights you see when wandering the streets below and how it might compare to who God sees things. It almost takes an amazing view like this to reiterate what a marvelous world He created.
Today we made our way out to Titanyen for an adventure. We started with a stop at a mass grave where thousands of people were buried after the earthquake. It was a humbling experience just being there and remembering and praying for those who lost their lives as well as the family they left behind. After that we stopped by a the market in Titanyen to purchase food for the elderly we were going to visit. Going to spend time with them, sing to/with them in Creole (Haiti's language) and English, and pray for them was a very moving experience. It's sometimes easy to forget how much visiting and just our presence can make a difference.
We also had some time after to go to visit the home for the sick and dying and help feed and snuggle them. Everyone seemed to feel more comfortable and make strong connections with the babies today, it was awesome. God is truly doing great things here through Healing Haiti and all of the partnered organizations. It is such a blessing to be a part of it!

Bondye Beni'ou :) (God bless you!)
Samantha Marois

No comments:

Post a Comment