Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hydrate Your Life


Team 3- Water Truck Day and Baptism
Respekte liy a! (Respect the line)

We started off this morning with a hearty breakfast and a quick prayer. Our team loaded up in the tap tap (our transportation) and we were off to deliver clean water to three tent cities around Port au Prince. At each stop, happy children were eager to greet us as we got off the tap tap. Our team quickly adjusted to the chaos of filling water buckets. “Respect liy a!” (Respect the line!). We'd take turns filling buckets, delivering water to tents, playing with children, and practicing our Creole with locals. Resonating in our hearts and minds are the smiles and laughter brought to each city by this small gesture. After our work was done we headed back to the guest house.

Yesterday on the way home from Titanyen, I decided that I’d like to publicly display my obedience to God. There’s an opportunity to be baptized this summer with Eagle Brook; however, I felt that was too long to wait. After speaking with the group leaders (Beth and Charlie) and Pastor Mark, we arranged a baptism ceremony for today. We sang, I shared my faith story, and we prayed before heading to the pool across the street for the baptism. It’s truly an experience I will never forget. I’m so thankful for my Haiti team members. Also, I was pleasantly surprised after dinner to be treated to an assortment of cakes (pineapple, chocolate, and cheesecake) in honor of being baptized today.

Listening to the rain water pour down on our tin roof tonight, I reflect on the work we’ve accomplished so far and the friendships we’ve made here. Haiti will come home with me in my heart and in my prayers. Thank you to my family and supporters, Healing Haiti, and of course Eagle Brook Church for this life changing opportunity.

Love to all,
Sara Jameson

No comments:

Post a Comment