Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Happy Haitian Morning

Bonjoo! (Good morning)
A quick note to say hello and let you know we're all fine in Haiti! You may have heard there was a small earthquake here last night. Most of the team didn't even know it happened because it was so small or they were already in bed sleeping.

Yesterday was moving day with a morning filled with a visit to a hospice, called San Files. We were expecting most people there to be elderly but that wasn't the case (average age was 30s). We loved them by going bed to bed rubbing on lotion or nail polish. It was humbling and challenged our comfort zones. A couple of the Healing Haiti workers accompanied our serving time: one with guitar and both sang. The effect was immediate smiles on the women's faces as they joined in the songs and worshipping God. It was an honor to be there and love them.

Today is shopping and city tour day -- a welcome midweek break to the emotion-filled last 2 days.

We were up this morning bright and early for a 6:00 neighborhood church service. A great start to the day! Caleb, one of our team members, was even prayed for. It's his birthday and people whose birthdays are today were to go up for prayer. We are definitely awake after a very Spirit-filled service. For those of you who've been to Haiti before and to that church service, yes, "hugging lady" was there and came to our pew to give each of us a hug. We couldn't help but feel very loved as she made her way right into and down our narrow pew space.

Love well today! Thanks for all your prayers!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment