Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grace Village -- Glory to God

Today was amazing. God is so good. We went to Grace Village and had the opportunity to attend a worship service with the orphans. It was an incredible experience to see them praise and worship God and what Healing Haiti has been able to provide. Their faith and devotion to God was so apparent. The service was 2 hours and lead by Fanfan. After the service the kids ended with singing Glory to God on repeat. It was awesome to see their excitement and enthusiasm for the song. The song is now my favorite worship song, and I have a clear image of the kids praising God.

After the service we lead the children in an activity. My favorite part of the day was being able to really connect with the children. They were so willing to love and be loved. I talked with multiple kids that shared about their families and the struggles they had been through. It was a great way to end out trip in Haiti with the hope and faith that I saw in these kids.
-Caleb

Visiting Grace Village was by far the best way to end our mission trip this week. It's such an amazing and beautiful place! Brightly colored buildings with rolling mountains on the back side and a beautiful view of the ocean in the front. It is truly heaven on earth. I had the opportunity to feel like a kid again today and swing! There are no words to describe swinging there with the view I saw.

The children there really touched my heart and inspired me. They have nothing and yet they love, appreciate, and worship God more than people that have everything and more. Mind blowing.

I'm really going to miss my team! We have all grown closer as the week has gone on and I consider them my Haiti family. I'm so proud of us Team 3! We all worked together to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Couldn't have asked for a better group of people :-)

Bonwuit!(goodnight)
-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment