Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Through God's Eyes



Bonswa! (Good Afternoon),


Oh what an amazing day it has been for Team 3. We have all felt extreme emotions and experienced them first hand on day one of our mission. It is quite overwhelming and powerful to truely understand the poverty and sickness here in Haiti. We had the opportunity to work with special needs children along with sick and dying babies today. Truly an emotional experience. The United States is so privelaged and we all tend to forget it so easily. Being here really reinforces that for me.



The children here in one word are amazing. Through all the poverty and sickness, they are all still so incredibly happy. Each one with a smile on their face as you pick them up, play patty-cake, or push them on the swings. They are inspirationally grateful and appreciative of the love you give. It's as though you are seeing through God's eyes for the first time, something our whole team has been praying for.



The work we do here can seem so small in perspective to the world around us. Giving hugs and love to sick children can sometimes seem insignifigant, but it's not. To that child the time you give them, even if it's small, is impacting and changing their life one minute at a time as well as the change happening in us. In tonights devotions, we all went around the group and said one word to descibe the day. We heard words such as: appreciated, amazing, thankful, small, fear, progress, inspiring and joy.



I am extremely excited to hear from the rest of my team what God will be showing them through his eyes in the upcoming week. Should be awesome :-) As well as what God will be doing in and through me for the people in Haiti.



Being the hands and feet of Jesus,

Alex Piasecki

No comments:

Post a Comment