Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Come all you who are thirsty

   Today was the first day of the water truck runs, it was so incredible and life altering. There are so many things that I saw God in, and so many people. At the third and final stop in Cite Soleil there was one particular little girl I was holding, she was tugging on my braid and I was afraid that she was going to steal my hair binder. Finally I realized she was braiding the little part of hair at the bottom of my braid. She smiled at me showing me her work and I was struck by the simple sweet joy in her little smile. She had helped me by braiding my hair and giving back to me in the only way she could. Also stroking my hair out of my sweaty face. It was utterly amazing that that little girl would try to make me more comfortable when that was exactly what I came here for. This day has been a complete blessing from God.
                                                                                                                         Ready for more!
                                                                                                                            Mikaela

No comments:

Post a Comment