Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Tent Church

Beautiful morning. A group of us woke up for tent church this morning...but what the white people don't know is that sunrise service is only M-F  :)  But the wonderful thing is, we were able to sit there alone, looking at the mountians, praying to this vast expanse that only God could have designed. But my most cherished moment this morning happend on the walk back to the guest house.  As we were almost to the bottom of "Trash Hill" (a hill that literally they dump thier trash down that is the path we take to and from tent church) a boy, maybe 8 or 9 years old, came running to meet me and grabbed my hand. John was his name and we held hands all the way back to our gate. He asked me (in English) when we were going back home and if we would be at big church on Sunday. Once we arrived at the gate he gave me the biggest hug ever and I told him "Jezi renmen ou" (Jesus loves you) and kissed him on the cheek. He just looked at me, smiled and nodded. He was the reason I woke this morning early after a late night, and he was a gift from God. Bon Jou!


Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment