Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Friday, July 27, 2012

Hello Matoska, family, and friends,
Many of my team members have been blogging each evening. Please read them as they are very authentic account of each day.  Their writing is much richer than mine   The Healing Haiti 2010 utube clip is right on with what we have seen. 
This experience is filling my belly with Jesus while being on an emotional rollercoaster.  Yesterday's experience of being on the Tap-Tap for what we thought was going to be a "bit" of a ride which was a 2+ hour drive mostly going 5mph up a mountain which in the States would have been considered a loose "surface" not to be driven on maybe fit for a 4 wheeler.  It was an adventure.  At one point we asked to get out of our locked Tap-Tap to walk.  The joy of walking up a rocky very loose gully (not pot holes) road in the sizzling heat with my friends was liberating.  This entire trip has made the Amazing Race look easy.  Survivor, bring it on!  
What I seem to have brought to my friends of 16 is my ability to let out a scream when.anything  unexpected suddenly happens...something drops from a tree and lands on me during our evening circle (kindergarten teacher at best) actually called devotional time.  During this time, we give a word or phrase of the day that leads to discussion about how each one of us is processing of the day serving the people of Haiti.  Today we are going to Grace Village, the actual site the founders of Healing Haiti are in the process of building. I need to elaborate on the scream.  My husband and son know what I am talking about.  I don't scream when we are actually doing our missionary work as everyting here is unexpected.  
As you can see, my blog is very light as I can't put into words what we are experiencing.  
Oh, yeah one more thing.  My ability to pull a childrens song out of my head on a whim has been very helpful.  "Have you ever been a fishing on a bright and sunny day...."
With love, peace, happiness and sadness,
Kristine Fischbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment