Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hope


After visiting one of the many mass grave sites in Haiti (a result of the earthquake on January 12, 2010) our day began by touring Healing Haiti's Grace Village in Titanyen. I visited Grace Village exactly one year ago on my first journey to Haiti. I felt pure hope and joy as we drove through the gates of Grace Village to see the progress that has been made. The feeding house and the children's dorms were colorful, welcoming and secure. To think, two people that went on a mission trip several years ago made this all happen.


After Grace Village, we went on elderly visits. Our first stop was to a man named Edmond. Edmond completely broke our hearts. He is blind and cannot hear well. We visited with Edmond, prayed over him, gave him food and water and rubbed his arms with lotion. Edmond praised our Father God over and over for sending us to him. He has nothing, but yet he is full of hope and his faith is so deep. While our time with Edmond was limited, I was encouraged by the support he is receiving through Healing Haiti and the love that the teams have and will continue to provide to him. He is so deserving.

We spent the afternoon at one of Healing Haiti's orphanages and made crafts, sang songs, danced and played with the children. The joy and laughter that we experienced by the children was delightful. The children have so little, but are filled with hope, joy and happiness.

Simple acts are so meaningful to people in need.

How can we let God transform us into new people and change the way we think and act? What more can we do to make a difference? God sent our team here for a reason and know he will reveal his plans to us in his own time through worship and prayer. There is so much to be done, but am hopeful by what has already been done and what is still yet to come.

All the glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment