Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Our service itinerary is not ending.....It's just beginning

Wow!!

Its has been my word of the day for the whole week...even though it was vetoed to be able to duplicate words...

Today, truly is the end of our schedule of service in beautiful Haiti - tomorrow is a tour of Port Au Prince.

This trip has been packed full of new experiences, the least of which is my first blog...

Today was well planned by our leaders - their experience pays in dividends!!

The day entailed:

#1. (2) - 2500 gallon water truck runs in the morning to Cite Soliel

#2 Guest house for snack-n-nap

#3 The Home for the Sick and Dying to spread some love....



We had #1 and #3 in our previous days, but returning to these locations was pretty special because the suprise factor was gone. The team could focus in on the relationship - and we are all about relationships.

The #2 was a bit of a present - We came home to the sweet smell of Phoneses' cooking (stew for dinner), had a quick snack and all found a place to take a snore...

Heidi - you call that a cannonball....?
The Home for the Sick and Dying was a great stop.....again... I got to hang with the same little one I had already along with 3 others and a good game of soccer with Wilfred.

Content - is my word today as we wrapping up an awesome week.

Peace.....
Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment