Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Sunday, November 6, 2011

WOW!

Day 7: November 6th, 2011

On our last full day of being the hands and feet of God, we were blessed with yet another day of great spirits and joyful hearts among everyone on our team. With the chance to sleep in a little later than normal, we were greeeted with another delicious breakfast of eggs, pancakes, and fresh fruit. After breakfast, Fanfan led us in a church service worship on the veranda at the guest house. Fanfan is an amazing leader for Christ and the Lord truly speaks through him. Not to mention his amazing singing voice leading us in song.

After church, we had some down time as we waited for our driver. Junior showed up at noon although he didn't feel well at all! Many of the team members today said they saw Christ in Junior as he served us through driving and putting his sickness aside for God. We drove through downtown Port Au Prince and got the opportunity to see the lifestyle of the Haitians along with more of the devastation. But once again, we saw the positive attitude and joyful spirits in their eyes. Through Port Au Prince, we continued up the mountain side around twists and turns and switchbacks. We stopped at a couple shops along the side of the road and picked up some souvenirs. As we climbed up the mountain, the temperature fell and the humidity continued to rise. The vegetation on the side of the road reminded me of a rainforest as we drove through the clouds. The drive home was uneventful and we were all tired and hungry. I, like every other day, used the pool while some of the others rested, read, or connected with people back home. We were all excited to hear we were having tacos for dinner again!! After dinner, we again shared our words of the day along with where we saw Christ. Then we did some "administrative" things to wrap up the evening. Currently, everyone is packing and organizing what will be left behind as donations.

As our trip sadly draws to a close, there is only one word that can describe the entire week/experience and that is WOW! Every team member was wow'd multiple times everyday. Wow'd by the lifestyle in Haiti. Wow'd by the attitude in Haiti. Wow'd by the sights of Haiti. But most of all, wow'd by the amount of love, joy, and serving that is happening! Not only were we given the opportunity to serve the Lord, but we were constantly served throughout the week by the Healing Haiti staff. We cannot be grateful enough for everything they have done for us!! An amazing week and a wonderful experience!

Ke Bondye Beniou Haiti!!
Drew Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment