Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday, November 7, 2011




Team #2 arrived safely in Haiti.

As we began our decent into Haiti, the view was spectacular seeing the mountains, blue ocean and green lush fields. For those of us returning, we almost forgot the reality of the conditions in Port a Prince.

Only a few mishaps along the way - Dave lost his wallet at the Haitian airport (the good news is he won't buy any Haitian art)! Luckily an honest Haitian returned it to him. We tagged our luggage with pink duct tape only to find out another missionary team used the same color tape on their luggage. We had some of their luggage and they had some of ours. Other than that, it was smooth sailing.

We were welcomed outside the airport by Jean and the Healing Haiti Taptap packed with over 30 suitcases mostly filled with donations for the elderly, orphanages and the tent cities.

We arrived at the guest house to a wonderful Mexican dinner. Everyone met Jean and Fanfan (our Haitian hosts) and are excited for the journey we are about to embark on. We spent time after dinner sharing a "word" of the day. Some of the words shared are as follows - honesty, well prepared, grateful, hopeful, privileged, tired, friendship, comprehend, overwhelming, surreal and thankful.

We look forward to our time together this week as we serve our Father God. Our team has arrived with open hearts and no expectations. Tomorrow is our first water truck day in Cite Soleil in 95 degree weather. We cannot wait to experience what God has in store for us.

Team #2

1 comment: