Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Awesome Cite Soleil

Today we went to Cite Soleil to deleiver clean water to the poorest area in Haiti. As we stepped out of the truck at our first stop we were greeted by Haitian children who just wanted to be held and played with. Overwhelming at first I felt God nudge me to love each one as much as I could. A task I know I could do being a mother of 4 children.

At our next stop I expereinced the water line. The need for fresh clean water is so great that people fight and cut in line to get it. Something I know that I take for granted back home. They were so thankful that we were there.

We then walked a ways till we reached an area that the Haitians use as their bathroom. Piles of garbage and human bodily waste. I look up and see the beautiful ocean and my heart just sank. But then the Haitian children and our team begin to sing, "God Is So Good." How AWESOME! Cite Soleil may have nothing but they still have faith in God. WOW, how AWESOME!


2 comments:

  1. Glad everything is going well. Sad to hear how needy all the children are. Love goes a long way. Keep up the good work, Jennifer. LM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Dad Keep up the GOOD work Dad

    ReplyDelete