Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Lords Pharmacy

Bonswa! This is Angela, Barb and Ryan, Today we had the choice to join the group on the water truck or go to help out at the wound clinic. We chose the wound clinic. Jean dropped us off with the sisters early, 17 of us were loaded into a 12 passenger mini van with no AC and windows that opened half way, and at 8AM it was already 85 degrees:) We wound our way thru Cite Soliel to a clinic in the lower level of their school.
We spent an amazing time watching and assisting the sisters and nurse volunteers organize severe wound patients and Mom's with sick kids. Nothing can sum up what we witnessed. The sisters served hundreds of Haitian's in merely hours. Giving them life saving medicines, advise and biscuits for the little ones. We were truly in the presence of angels. How did they diagnose and dispense all the correct prescriptions, salves, amoxicillin, literally hundreds of different medicines, for sure the hand of God was guiding them.
It was truly a morning spent with angels, I don't think any of us will ever forget being crammed into a tiny van listening to the calming prayer and quiet singing of Jesus's warriors.

Blessings from Haiti,
Angela, Ryan and Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment