Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Friday, August 5, 2011

Hope

Today we visited the Elders School where they teach 700 Haitian Children. There were no kids in school today but we toured the school and classrooms. It was a very dark and gloomy place. Healing Haiti has rebuilt cement floors, walls and delivers clean water once per week. It gives me hope to see Healing Haiti and others donate supplies for this school that is in great need.

Next we visited the mass grave site of all those who perished in the 2010 earthquake. We drove up into the mountains and saw a hillside of crosses. I began to cry. But then my hope was restored when I read a cross that said, "we will not forget, we will remember."

We then headed to another mountain top to see Grace Village. This village is in the process of being built by Healing Haiti. What a beautiful sight! Not just the new buildings being built but the beautiful view. Beautiful Haiti - Mountains and ocean below. Grace Village will be the new home of Guiliaume's and Yvonne's Orphanages. It will consist of a cafeteria building, bunk houses and play area. So far it is bright and beautiful! Such a change from where they are now.

Then we started to make our way to Yvonne's Orphanage. On the way we stopped at two Haitian elders homes. Healing Haiti helps support these elders. The first man was 78 years old, blind and mostly deaf. We just talked with him and held his hand. He blessed us and thanked God that we came to visit him. The next elder was a women who was 107 years old. She was walking around and talking like she was 50 years old. She had such joy in her eyes when we hugged her. She showed us her home which was a very small shack that she could only fit in. She was so thankful and loving. Again I feel the hope that Healing Haiti is giving the Haitians.

As we arrive at Yvonne's Orphanage I feel myself getting excited to meet the children. Again we play with the kids and do activities like jumping rope, painting, making airplanes, nail painting and head massages. Before we begin, they sing us a few songs and then pray. They were so kind and appreciative of us. I could of played with them all day.

Thank you God for these wonderful people who run the Orphanages. Without them these children would have no one. Without you God they would have no hope. Please pray for these people who take care of the orphans and that God gives Healing Haiti all it needs to spread more hope.




No comments:

Post a Comment