Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 4

Day 4
Oh what a day!  I want to reassure all of you that may have been worried about Tropical Storm Emily- it never did come, and we haven't even received any rain :)  
Yesterday we had the opportunity to visit the orphanage for the sick and dying children.  Today we visited two additional orphanages.  The first one was Gertrude's Orphanage for special needs children.  What an awe struck morning.  My heart was saddened, but filled with so much joy.  Today I felt the need to just sing to the children.  It just filled my heart with so much joy to praise God. I walked into a room and sat on the floor next to a blind boy in a wheelchair with other special needs and just began to sing, and sing.  It was such an experience.  The young boy began to smile and sway back and forth and then leaned in towards my voice in his chair.  Though we have our language barriers, music is something that can connect us.  Pure happiness and joy filled me knowing that singing God's song connected me so much to this young boy.  I definitely felt connected to many children there this morning and definitely have many stories to share.  My heart sings with so much joy!
In the afternoon we visited our second orphanage for the day, it was Guiliaume's.  This is Healing Haiti's orphanage.  What an experience- when our team got there and got off the truck, children just swarmed us with hugs and laughter.  What a sight, what a glorious sight!  Guiliaume's orphanage will be moving to Grace Village in the near future, what a blessing that will be.  At Guiliuame's our team hosted a spa activity, bead necklaces, soccer and play- it was such a great afternoon.  I participated in the spa activity, at the nail polish table.  I truly felt like I was able to be God's hands and feet today.  I polished many little hands and older hands too, and feet that were worn, tough, and dirty.  These girls and women need to be pampered and feel that someone cares for them, and today, through Christ, it was me.  What a privilege it was.  After the activities, it was time to just play and love the children.  A young girl who was under the weather bonded with me, and I held her for hours.  When it was time to leave for the day- tears filled my eyes.  My heart broke leaving, I wanted to take all the children home with me, especially the little girl who had been holding and clinging to me.  
After we got back to the guesthouse after the orphanages, a few of my teammates and I were talking, I just have to share- that everyday here in Haiti has been better than the last.  I don't possibly know how that could be, but I do know that God is great and He moving us in so many different levels.  I cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings!  Another Best I hope!

My closing verse today is:
Psalm 100:1-2 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.

All Glory, All Honor, Belongs to Him~ Phuong

No comments:

Post a Comment