Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

So Many Little Ones, Not Enough Of Us!


Hey everyone, this is Ryan. Today was another awesome day for our team in Haiti. The things we experience here continue to alter our perspectives and push us beyond barriers we had before. To start off this morning, most of our team got up early to go to a local church that Fanfan attends. Here, there was amazing worship with members of the church. The praise and worship in Haiti is very active. It was fun for us to see how involved the Haitians get in their worship. They lose themselves in the music and praise of God.
After eating breakfast and our daily devotional from Charlie, we drove to a home for sick and dying babies. In this place, dozens of cribs are packed into two small rooms. The women who work there go about nonstop fixing IVs and cleaning, changing, and feeding babies. Here we had the opportunity to hold, feed, and care for these babies. Many are malnourished and sick. I think it was a special, yet difficult time for many members of the team. It was hard to see so many sick children in poor condition. However, it was cool to see how we could go from hauling heavy buckets of water one day, to gently feeding a small baby the next day. We are truly being used as Jesus' hands and feet in many ways. The babies there crave attention and love, and simply holding them, bringing them outside for a bit, and caring for them is a way we can make a difference.
After we helped feed lunch to the children there, we also were able to visit a place called Gertrude's; a home for special needs children. It was fun getting to know and playing with the children here. Everyone on the team really threw themselves into the activities; swinging the children, pushing them in carts, playing with balls, etc. The kids here loved playing with us and didn't want us to leave. To finish off the day, we went back to the home for sick and dying babies, and helped feed them dinner.
After a pizza dinner, we had group reflection time followed by some praise and worship as a team. This was a great way to connect with God after our day and have fun together as a team. On one last note, today is Charlie's birthday! We celebrated with a delicious cake after dinner. Happy birthday, Charlie!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart felt words. I light up when I realize there's another post to read, as it gives me and my kids a glimpse into what your amazing week is like. You have so many people praying for you!
    -Alisha (Brant's wife)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been praying for all of you and trying to imagine what your days are like. It was SO good to read the blog. A special "hi" to Ryan. We love you!
    Ken and Norene Callahan

    ReplyDelete