Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Imagine

Imagine yourself outside on a hot, steamy day. The sun is shining and you have been working hard all day long. In the distance, you hear the chiming of familiar bells and the whimsical music of the ice cream truck coming down the street. Your children storm up to you asking for money to buy a cool treat. You think to yourself, "that does sound like a great thing after a hot day" So you head to the truck and purchase an popsicle and savor the coolness.

Now imagine outside on a hot, steamy day. The sun is shining bright and you have no job, live in a cluster of tin put together to resemble a home and have no idea when you will eat. In the distance, you hear the sounds of a truck honking it's horn loudly...Praise the Lord! You grab your stack of 7 buckets and head out to meet the truck. This truck carries the neccesity of life...water!

Can you imagine not knowing if you will have water today? This is what we did today, we went out to a few areas in Cite Soleil and delivered free water to the residents of these areas. As we drove up to these large communities of homes (clusters of metal built to protect from the rain and the sun) people would see the truck and hear the horn and head out with stacks of buckets to get water.

Today, really humbled me and made me realize what I take for granted. I kept looking at the water and how it renews, strengthens and refreshes the body. God also renews, strengthens and refreshes the soul. I hope that through me, God's love can heal the citizens of Haiti and strengthen them. I know that they have strengthened my faith and my love in Jesus and how he will always provide for what I need.

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy. We can only imagine what it would be life to want for water. Thanks for having the courage, heart and faith to be the ones there ministering to the needed of the neediest.
    You inspire me!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete