Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 2- Water Truck Day!

Day 2
What a day!!!!  Where do I start this blog...
This morning, I got up early, since I didn't sleep too well- it will take me a few days to get comfortable with my surroundings before I can just "sleep".  I had a conversation with one of my group leaders saying that I hope that I could feel more connected to God and less connected to my "normal" life- because as you can see - I have access to the internet, which means staying in the loop with work, facebook and everything else...so I was just saying that I wish I could turn everything else off and let God do his work in me.  Well...our AWESOME God did...today was AMAZING!
Today was water truck day in Cite Soliel.  Cite Soliel is one of the most deprived areas in Port Au Prince.  Today we delivered clean water to the people of Cite Soliel for free.  Cite Soliel is a tent city, it truly is the slums.  
My word for the day is: heartbroken.  Today, my heart was truly broken, all for God.Yesterday when I arrived in Haiti, I was overwhelmed and the drive from the airport to the house was a lot to take in, but nothing like what I saw today.  The house that we are staying in is in a nicer part of Port Au Prince, but I didn't realize that yesterday...today, driving to Cite Soliel, emotions filled me, my heart was truly broken.  When we got to Cite Soliel, it was everything that the Healing Haiti video was, but more.  It was truly a reality.  Children swarmed me, and it was amazing.  They had so much love- and all they wanted was to be held and played with.  In Cite Soliel, half of the team played with the children, the other half worked the water truck.  We ran 3 water truck stops today- all three stops in different locations within Cite Soliel- I got to experience working the water truck and playing with and loving the children.  I cannot even tell you how awesome it was.
At my first stop, I bonded with an 8 year boy who just stayed by my side and really took care of me there, and a little girl who was 6 that was so sweet- these children reminded me so much of Hunter and Alexa- smiles and warmth fill my heart, and sadness all in the same moment- these beautiful Haitian children have so little, yet love so much.  And their love for God is amazing.  
A beautiful day!  A quote I love from a song "Break my heart for what breaks yours, everything I have for kingdom come"  So true, so true :)  Thank you God for breaking my heart..
I have so much to say about today, but I will end with this was an AMAZING DAY!!!!!
As I end this blog, I have to say, Thank you God for all that you do, and for allowing me to be your hands and feet.  To You be the Glory!!!!

My closing verse today: Deuteronomy 15:11 
There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.


All Praise, All Honor, to you Lord~ Phuong

No comments:

Post a Comment