Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Honored

Today I was very honored to serve God. We went to the Home for Sick and Dying Babies. As I walk in I see crib after crib lined up. Babies arms up in the air, just waiting for someone to hold them. For 3 hours I held babies and toddlers who suffered from malnutrition, AIDS and Tuberculosis. All they wanted and all they needed was love and healing touch. I felt so honored to do that for them.

This afternoon 4 of us from the team went to the wound clinic where people line up to receive free care for their wounds. The people were so gracious that we were cleaning and redressing their wounds. I felt so honored to do Gods work.

After dinner FanFan, our translater/man of faith told us his amazing story of how he got involved with Healing Haiti. AMAZING! Then we sang together and whorshiped God. FanFan is an amazing singer and I was honored to sing with him and the team.

We ended the night with Salsa Dancing lessons from Jean the Healing Haiti Director of Engineering. Wow, he is good! I will keep practicing :-)

God, thank you for this experience! I am truly honored.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful job you are doing with your group Jennifer. We are all praying for you to keep you all in good health, so that you can continue to do God's work. Bless all of you. We are all so proud of the work that "Healing Haiti" does.

    ReplyDelete