Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Sunday, August 14, 2011

You Are My Friend Till the End


Hello! This is Fanfan, Amy and Lauren! Today is our last day in Haiti. This is a bittersweet moment for all of us. We had the great privilege of having Fanfan lead us in worship and prayer this morning. What a wonderful man of God he is! After this we packed up bags of shoes, toiletries, toys and packs of food that the White Bear Campus packed for Feed My Starving Children. We got to deliver these to a tent city that was in the neighborhood. The people were so excited to see us pull up. It broke our hearts to not be able to give something to everyone. During our visit there were many children following us up and down the narrow pathways between the tents. They became our tour guides through the city. It became a bit chaotic toward the end and we quickly headed out.
We took a Tap Tap tour of the Presidential Palace. It was incredible to see the destruction that occurred during the earthquake, what is even more surreal is that a large tent city now stands directly across the street. The cities largest cathedral was also destroyed. We were excited to see that there were several cleaning and rebuilding projects going on around us.
After a brief tutorial from FanFan and Jean on bartering, we set out for the mountains and a few hours of shopping. Some of us had a more difficult time with the artwork vendors.....enough said. Have no fear, there was a huge influx of American cash into the Haitian economy.
We stopped for pizza at our favorite pizza joint and shared our new favorite chicken pizza. As we were just starting to eat we experienced a refreshing downpour. I don't think we had seen Jean and FanFan move that quickly. No worries not one slice of pizza was lost.
During our final reflection time, it became evident that few of us are leaving Haiti as the same person who arrived last Monday. God has used Haiti to transform each one of us.
We bid the children and people of Haiti farewell and until we meet again Ke Bondye Beni'ou.
In Christ,
Lauren, Amy and FanFan

No comments:

Post a Comment