Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Living Water Trip #2


Hello everyone, it is me Amy. I am one of the more seasoned members of the team. Yep, I am over 25 years of age. Today our team split and 3 members went to the Clinic to help out and the rest experienced our second day out on the water truck. After 2 days of recovery from our first trip we were ready to face the masses. It started out with ride on the side of the water truck and managing to hold on and not burn one's arm on the muffler. We entered the first town of Cite Soleil to the clapping hands of a beautiful family. Everyone on the team jumped right in and if you weren't filling buckets, you were moving them thru la lin (the line). Of course we were never short of kids to hold, play with or love.
Today we did experience that Cite Soleil has all the components of any other city, the good and the bad. We were able to extend love and grace as God the Father has shown to us. We were not discouraged, but kept our eyes on the goal of being servants to all. God blessed us with the presence of a new friend named Patrick. A wonderful boy who had the voice of a young Michael Jackson and the moves to go along with it. He entertained us between water stops and managed to dance with a few of us ladies. He is such a playa. I returned the favor by teaching him the stanky leg. I don't know who was more impressed him or my team members. We were also able to give a young boy Renaldo a new belt. It was wonderful to see the other boys help him put it on and celebrate his good fortune. A few of us were also blessed by getting to meet Alex's mother. She is truly a sweet woman and was thrilled to hear us tell her what a wonderful son she has. Her smile would melt your heart.
We are all still amazed at the reaction of the people of Haiti toward what we would consider the simple things of life.....a smile, a touch, clean water. Today it really began to sink in that we not only were delivering life giving water for the body, but for the soul as well.
After a brief stop at the guesthouse and for some a "dip in the pool",we reunited with our teammates from the clinic. We were all excited to see if some of the children at Home of the Sick and Dying Children we had held and fed were improving. I am happy to tell you that some have been moved to the upper floor as they have gotten stronger . It did seem that for many of the cribs, there were now two children. Ours hearts broke and rejoiced for them as we knew this place was their best chance for a healthy childhood. It was also an opportunity to reconnect with some of the mothers and siblings that have essentially made Home of the Sick and Dying, a second home while caring for their sick little ones.
Thank you for all your prayers and support. Know that this team has remained strong and tightly knit. I can't think of a better group of people to experience my first trip to Haiti with. I love you all. Orevwa (au revoir),
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment