Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Comparison

Today we went back to Cite Soleil for the second time to deliver water. It was nice to see some of the same children again. They remember you and run right to you. I loved it! At our first stop I met a 17 year old boy named James. He told me that he is very poor and that his parents are not able to buy him school supplies. He said that he loves school and knows he needs to be educated to reach his dreams. He prays to God to send someone who can help him buy a backpack, pencils, paper, English book, shoes, shirt etc. I felt God tug at my heart to help him. I told him that I will get him the supplies he needs and to let me know if he needs anything else. It felt so good to help him.

In the afternoon we went back to The Home for Sick and Dying Babies. A lot more babies seemed sick today. I helped feed them dinner, change diapers and held them. I felt so grateful that I could help out. God bless the sisters and workers who run this home. They have sacrificed so much for these children.

Today I compared life in Cite Soleil to the Orphanages. In Cite Soleil children have both or one parent and are the poorest of the poor in Haiti. The children are a lot more aggressive for love and attention vs the orphanges. At the orphanges the children are more laid back and well discipled. The people who run them love the children so much. The orphans too want love and attention but it is different. In Cite Soleil the people need water and human touch to survive. At the orphanges they want a friend to play with them or a parent to take them home. Both are in such need but in different ways. God thank you for letting me see what Haiti needs. They need you. With you they all have such joy in their eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment