Welcome to the Healing Haiti + Eagle Brook Mission Blog. We invite you to follow mission team members as they experience what God is doing both through them and in them while in the mission field of Haiti.


'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 3

Day 3 
I can't believe it's already day 3.  What a miraculous day- the Lord is so wonderful.  Today we had an opportunity to go to the orphanage for sick and dying children.  As many of you know, I was very worried about going to the orphanage, and to be honest I was probably so worried about it that I hardened my heart and was a little numb to it. However, the Lord knew this and gave me another opportunity.  We had gone to the orphanage in the morning, and then returned for the afternoon.  This morning, I walked in and really was numb and would not let any emotion come through.  We came back to the guesthouse for lunch and a break and during team time, I even said to the team that the orphanage was not as bad as I  thought it would be...now fast forward to the evening visit...God opened my heart, and I walked into the orphanage tonight and my heart sunk.  I stepped back, saw all the children and the little girl I had spent the morning with waiting in her crib for me just laying there crying, waiting for me to pick her up.  At that moment, God un-numbed my heart and I began to see all the beauty, pain and hurt around me- emotion began to fill me.  Oh, the day was another wonderful, best!
Then this evening- what a great group I am traveling with, our evening team time is always so amazing as we discuss our day and our experiences.  Today our Haitian staff, FanFan, shared how he joined the Healing Haiti staff and his faith story- his story was so incredible! He then led us in worship, it was AMAZING, we sang Everlasting God, and Mighty to Save- our voices together filled the room as we gave all praise to God.  
After the wonderful worship, Jean our Healing Haiti, Haitian Director taught us how to salsa dance- HOW FUN!!! And what a workout!
Such an amazing time- God is filling me up in so many new ways.  Oh He is Great!


My closing verse today:  1 Chronicles 16:9 Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts


To Him be the Glory~ Phuong

No comments:

Post a Comment